Monday, July 14, 2008
Shot and miss.
I've made up my mind,
Don't need to think it over,
If I'm wrong I am right,
Don't need to look no further,
This ain't lust,
I know this is love but,
If I tell the world,
I'll never say enough,
Cause it was not said to you,
And thats exactly what I need to do,
If I'm in love with you,
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere,
Or would it be a waste?
Even If I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere
I'd build myself up,
And fly around in circles,
Wait then as my heart drops,
And my back begins to tingle
Finally could this be it...
---------
This song is beautiful, and I just absolutely had to blog two consecutive days just to show it off. 'Chasing Pavements' depicts the triumph of love in the most confusing and frustrating of situations, and we often find ourselves asking the same question, "Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements, even if it leads no where?"
Gets you to thinking, is a fight really worth the fight even if you lose? Sure, your answer may be crisp and sure now, but this question becomes more and more blurred as you plummet into love's entrapment. So, is love's battle really worth the tears, the heart ache, and the tarnish for a dismantled (and often times, hard to find) guarantee of happiness?
Not to mention, Adele's voice is such a bright light against the midst of some depressing Brit soul singers (ie; Amy Winehouse). Also, the music video is deliciously bittersweet, beautiful in it's illustration of love's willpower and destruction. And I absolutely adore the pieces of choreographed pavement shadows!
Thought I'd enlighten you with that, this song has quickly made its way to the top of my 'most played' playlist.
Enjoy,
Euphoric and smitten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment