Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Review: L'oreal True Match foundation


Name: L'oreal True Match Super Blendable foundation

If I have ever done makeup on you, you all know that I never fail in using my L'oreal True Match, because it makes everyone's skin look radiantly flawless.Out of all the drug store brands available, I'm always picking out L'oreal makeup. In my opinion, they have the highest quality drug store makeup. That is, their eye shadows are SUPER pigmented and their foundation coverage is flawless. The product I will be raving about today is the True Match foundation.

Perks:
- SPF coverage (17 spf to be exact) is always a plus! Not only does the foundation make your skin look flawless, it has spf to protect from harsh sun rays and unwanted wrinkles
- super blendable, meaning the consistency is not chalky to leave crinkle marks nor is it too liquidy to slide off- just perfect!
- an array of colors, so you're bound to find the perfect match. More conveniently, they have 'cool', 'warm', and 'neutral' color undertones! No kidding, this is equivalent to the MAC color selection, that takes into account your undertone to perfectly match your skin color. This color selection eliminates the problem of having your skin look 'too yellow' or 'too pink', because it doesnt fit your undertone
- Leaves a dewy, fresh look- which is my FAVORITE!!! I love that it makes your skin look fresh, like morning skin
- lasts forever, really. Unlike regular liquid foundation, this one won't melt off your face

Not so perky:
- For those of you looking for foundation that treats oily skin, this is probably not one of them. I suggest trying Maybelline's Mousse Foundation which is specifically formulated for oily skin.
- The pour out bottle is not appealing. Mainly because I'm a germ o phobe and cant stand to re use the bottle neck, nor make a mess out of it and pour it into another container.
- Heavy coverage- this can be a fabulous or a not-so-fabulous perk, depending on how much coverage you want/need. If you don't like or don't need the coverage given in liquid, try the True Match powder which provides a light, matte coverage for a natural look! I also enjoy using this powder to set my foundation, its wonderful.



For myself, I need heavy coverage foundation. I have acne scarring, and my skin never looks porcelain so I definitely need something heavy duty that will last through work, school, and whatever else goes through my day. I hope this helped any of you deciding on an affordable, high quality foundation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahaha you like the word "flawless" :j

i love true match tooo!