Friday, January 1, 2010

Beauty Haul and 2009 Favorites!

This blog will be a particular blog, I will unleash my rants and raves about 2009 beauty products and the recent (and rare) Lush sale! Joy.

Favorites of 2009



Benefit's Benetint for an amazing natural stain, that lasts through lunch rushes, finals week, and steamy sessions watching Gossip Girl. Its pricey, so a drugstore dupe would be the Revlon Color Stay Lip Stains.







Lush Grease Lightning has the power (and I mean POWER) to zap zits overnight. Tea tree oil targets problem spots by clearing excess oil, drying up the issue. Not that my face is exemplary of Clean and Clear, but Grease Lightning is my new Lush guilt and at only 9.95 a pop, it's wooorth it. 2009 was filled with bottles of this baby.



Pinch O Peach me! By MAC, this blush is super versatile for night and day and creates the perfect flush. I like it because its matte, and color pay off is great without being over intense. Its hard to find a good blush, and having one really fabulous one makes life less complex ... kind of.






No need to spend $30 on that MAC 217 you've been dying to get, Mark's $5 blending brush is fantastic. So fantastic, in fact, I bought 4 this year alone. Too fluffy? Try wrapping a toilet paper around the bristles so they stay pointy.








Satin taupe is, by far, the best MAC eyeshadow ever. EVER! High color intensity, perfect satin pay off, and can be work day or night, summer or fall. For a cheaper alternative, NYX's Iced Mocha is the exact color (with a bit more fall out).




------------------
This past week I went to Lush and I almost peed my pants when they told me it was a Buy 1, Get 2 Free Sale. Thank the heavens and my recent paycheck for giving me the ability to splurge. Lush, if you dont already know, sells organic cosmetics (everything from shampoo to soap to bath bubbles) that can get pretty pricey so whenever they have a sale, I stock up.


Vanilla in the mist, smells like creme brulee- really. If you're as much of a dessert girl as I am, you will love this. Although, the color makes your hands look like they just got urinated on ... suffer for scent!




Porridge Soap. I know, I know sounds like a wash for grammy. BUT this soap acts as a dual exfoliator, and removes dead skin cells and makes your skin soft soft soft! I don't think it smells all that great, a bit sugary ... but weird old sugar thats expired.




ROCKSTAR, yes and you will feel it too. I continually purchase this soap, because its one of the cheaper ones and it smells like cotton candy roses. I WANT TO FREEKIN EAT IT, except one time I tried and almost puked. Thus, I only use it to wash.




Shampoos: Am I using these wrong? They all suck and made my hair dry and tangly (as if it isnt enough already). The one thing I like about them is that they made my head smell like the Lush store, which Reggie hated hehehehe TORTURE! The solid shampoo and conditioner are nearly impossible to apply in the shower, and crumbled all over the place which had me hobbling on the bathroom floor for quite some time trying to retrieve them. Call me what you want, these things are expensive!












I purchased these 3 shower gels and so far I LOVE EM! They make me want to eat myself (no innuendo intended ya nasties!) and actually moisturize skin. Snow Fairy is a limited holiday flavor, so get it while it lasts!




I got a bath scrub ... which is pretty expensive for just a sugar ball =P It completely breaks with water, so break of a bit before you get in. Also made my skin irritated because the sugar is just regular granulated sugar, not refined or special because Lush is, you know, 'organic'. Smelled good, but didn't feel good. The starfish I have yet to try.


My sister as the Tea Tree Oil toner and I really really like it, so she gave me her Eau Roma Water (which smells like Rose). So far, it hasn't done anything but make my face smell like a Daisy.





--------------
As always, thanks for reading my gargantuan blog. I'm sure you are starting to hear the voices of those pesky Lush workers asking you "Have you tried our bath bombs for only $19.95?!?!".

New years, new directions. Headed for Paris, and I'm not looking back.

1 comment:

Beeta Hashempour said...

So I'm really wanting the MAC peach blush that you mentioned, but I need to save up some money first since I have like another full thing of blush from MAC. I'll feel too guilty buying a new one!

But anyways, I wanted to ask you for your advice. I too like that the blush you recommended is matte because it looks more natural to me too, BUT...I want to know how I can get the glowing look on my cheeks you know? like celebrity status here...do you have any idea? Looking flushed and glowy, but not shiny...

is it even humanly possible?? hahaha

btw those shower gels look to die for<3