Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Depressed Blogging.

The song that best sums up my life right now is Breathe by Taylor Swift. I've been so depressed.

I see your face in my mind as I drive away
We never thought it would end this way
Its killing me to see you go after all this time

Your the only thing I know like the back of my hand
And I cant breathe without you- but I have to.

Because I know when I drive away from SB, I'll be thinking of that doggone International Relations final with the innumerable times I wrote 'neoliberalist' thinking it was a real word, and getting points docked off- doh. Why can't wikipedia tell us these things before we write 10 page papers?

I will also miss my Monday and Wednesday time slot with Prof. Rauchhaus, the most bad ass balding man I have ever met. And yes, I do know IR like the back of my hand- terrorism ain't got nothin on me bitch!

1) Structure influences behavior.
2) Bad outcomes are unintended consequences.
3) Cognitive dissonance- the demon in us all!

Taylor always manages to write the songs that best sing my heart's lyrics. Sigh. Now I have to go to work and pester myself with all these depressing moments of leaving Fall quarter. We had a good time, but sadly, it was not for us. Thank you Fall, and maybe we'll meet some time in the future... maybe?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think somehow, Taylor Swift is acutely in tune with the feelings of almost every person on earth (men included) and writes songs that we all wish we were able to write to express ourselves.