Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Clever but clueless, we're just humans.

"She's still young, and you have to be better than that."

It's funny how you can be so nice, giving, loving to someone so close and yet they can be so selfish and unmoved.

Every reach, every extension of my hand is rejected with ridicule and sarcastic disdain. Every offer, every gift has been accepted with unthankful gestures and assumed credit. All my pleas for simple tasks have been rebuttled with endless excuses, tearing against my patience for any way out.

With 3 days to go, one would think you would jump at lunches, lend a hand, just
pretend to listen. You have had your proudest moments that were declared by my words and heightened by my want to show you off to the world. And yet I cannot move a nerve or an emotion with my college acceptance, my leave, or my life. It breaks me to know that you find comfort in my frustration, my desperation to be a role in your life, when ultimately, you can say just about anything to send that pillar crashing down.

Basically, it hurts to know that I would do everything for you while you begrduge the thought of doing anything for me. The past 18 years have been a desperate attempt to please you, I'm sorry I've been such a disappointment. And after your attitude, your selfishness, your inability to apologize, I'm still making futile attempts to reconcile.

No comments: