Monday, August 25, 2008

01:12 AM

Well ain't it all a bunch of heeby jeebiez? I've been scrolling and refreshing through an assortment of all your guys' blogs, some histerical, some utterly depressing, and others a bit bland (like mine). It's wonderful to see progress and decline in everyones lsummers! Ah, the strife of 'real' life.

Which reminds me, whenever anyone says, "Just wait till you get to real life" or "This isn't real life", it makes my brain kaput the subject of conversation and wonder, "Wait, what?". Like all this time I've been living the fake life? What? So when exactly does our real life start? I thought it was high school? No wait, I think it should be college. Or no, actually. When you have kids? Become a lawyer? What?

Enough with the rhetorical (or is it?). I came back from another Hmong wedding this weekend, big whoop. As if the dozens of children weren't enough to make me want to leave halfway through, girls of young ages were bumpin and grinding like hyenas on a groggy summer's night. And the perfect cherry topper was when all their shirts/dresses came flying off, exposing what appeared to be breasts (or cutlets or lilies or ... ?). Yick.

---------------
1:28 AM

I need to start packing, it's depressing. I cant even type anymore. I just don't know what to say. I'm staring at my I-hate-Bush calendar (btw, 154 days until Bush is out of reign), and just noticing how quickly everything's faded. This summer came skipping by, it glanced into my eyes, and now, just now, I can see it skipping away in the distance.

A three and a half year relationship (worthy of it's most endearing love, tryest of times, and deepest of pits) is now making an attempt to grasp this 'thing' we both refer to as a resilient transition. Sisters, their closeness and rivalry etched onto an ankle, will now endure living under separate roofs for the first time in 18 years. Family (dogs, birds, cats and all), makes an attempt to cope with this mess of a first born and her stumbles through college. And I, lost and undeserving most times, will see it all through.

Sincerely,
1:37 AM

No comments: