Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WOW!

SF weekend getaway with Steph was exhilerating. A good break from a long week.











-----

Back to a real blog.

Someone and I had this interesting topic of discussion the other day. And seriously, what is humility? I mean, is it admitting defeat everyone once in a while, is it a pacifier, or is it a self confidence thing?

We went through the possible definitions, pride being one of the most debatable. Interesting because pride and humility are thought to be of polar opposites. Pride, the acknowledgment and display of superiority, is the root of all evil (I mean, it did get freshmen last place at battle, HAHA kidding). Where as humility is self-submission.

On the contrary- both are essentially the same. They aren't polar, they're merely levels of human nature. I came to my own definition; Humility is transcending above the repercussions of pride. It is putting aside your pride in replacement with dignity and being human, after all.

-----

"Bon fucking job!"

No comments: