Friday, April 4, 2008

A big fucken high school whoop.

Because this revelation wouldn't be served its justice in a comment:

I dont care if your not looking for criticism- if you're going to openly publish a post on Facebook, tag the entire leadership class, and write about the enigma of high school, you need to face the perspectives and opinions of others, whether they be positive or constructive.

Yes, this is all extremely superficial- the status quo which has been engraved, the 'cools' and the not, the yearning to be "elite". Or so you say.

Do you feel that your post is an exploitation of whats going on, and that in a Facebook blog, you're making a stance against stereotypes and stigmas- proving them wrong and elevating above this superficiality?

No. I say this only adds to the hype. You have succumbed to the quota- believing that there definitely are "elitest" and those subordinate to them, even admitting that you praise them and look up to the "suns of the solar system". So, Rashmi, do you yourself admit that you have been a progressor of bullshit, enforcing the claims of who’s cool and who’s not? And dare you say that it is on the faults of others, when you are, in fact, propelling this piece of crap?

This is high school, a blend of people, and yes, to an extent, an adherence to the cliché facades of it all. But you, in an attempt to make others realize the fallacies of it, have escalated the superficiality to an entirely different level. You talk of “model figures” and “hierarchies”, which makes me wonder, jeez, do people really see this shit as this dynamic statute of power? And if so, should I see it as significant as you do? And if I don’t, am I categorized as ‘uncool’?

People are who they are. They act the way they act. You assume everyone is trying to fit in and trying to be someone else because YOU admit you’re trying to be nice and fit in. Interpretation of this individuality is where the differentiation between ‘cool’ and ‘uncool’ arise. You are flawed, you have assumed your interpretation of the status stigma as fact, boosting the egos of many who didn’t even realize it before you posted this.

As for me, I’d like to think there is more out there for me than high school shit, that I do have a fucken importance and I’m not like those “bitches” and “elitest” you refer to. Do I think I am so much different than that of 2300 other teenagers at my school, who deal with shit every day? Most definitely. Now the real question is, do you?

Conformity is only significant when you succumb to it’s possession of aspects in your life. Excellent example.

As for the personal strife shit, shut up. You aren’t God, and you most definitely do not have the power or the right to judge the severity of heroism.

As for the rest of you reading this, be enlightened and know that high school and shit like this is only what you make it out to be. If you go to school knowing you fall in a category and are restricted from ever surpassing its ‘standards’, then this all must be a big fucken deal. Which is pretty sad, considering this is four years out of the many in your life.

From the wise words of Jeffrey Chea, “It's not going to matter in a few years, so why should it matter now?”

------

In response to Rashmi Guttal’s Note, “Conformist Society”:

I hate it how people are so conformist, so cliquish, so utterly frustrating.
The labels, the name calling, the shit talking, I'm so over it.
The fights, the tears, the agony, the wasted time, I'm so over it.
Your indecisive reasoning, you pretending to be my friend, your complete disrespect for me, I'm so over it.
I'm sick of boys, I'm sick of playing games, I'm sick of the mere thought of love, I'm so over it.
I'm done with haters, I'm done with players, I'm done with rich bitches and hoes, I'm so over it.
I'm done with this conformist society, I'm done with self criticism, I'm done with narrow minds,
I'm so over it.

My wise friend Tiffani, who u cliquiest know as a "stoner" although she is not one by definition, was talking to me about this society that we live in. We live along side people who feel there problems are the greatest. I am not ignorant of my own self pity, I am just honest. These people seem to believe that their lives are full of shit. That they not only have problems, but should act like they have a cork up there ass 24/7 because other people can not "understand" them. In reality, their inner conscious knows that if they tell the world their problems, other people will have a perspective of them in a different way. People will suddenly understand what selfish people they are and therefore they never tell anyone what is going on with them. When I try to embrace them, they shut me down. And it is because I am nice to the wrong people. I am nice to ungrateful bitches who get whatever they want. I am only nice to them because they are the elite of the school, the hierarchy of our precedence, the suns of our solar system. We grovel upon this picture perfect faces, model like figures and rich lives. The people outside of this hierarchy look up to these people for their cookie cutter lives, their perfect families, their "cool" parents. But in the end, the real heroes are those who can with stand a divorce, a surgery, cancer, realizing their true sexuality.
Look around and try to understand that we live in California. We should take advantage of the fact that our community embraces diversity but rather we create some of our own. We create barriers; ones that seclude those who are not of our kind, detest those who are truly nice to us and dismiss the kindness that very human is indifferent to. After reading this, as your self, are you really any different? Who gave you the idea that you are so much different that that of 2300 other teenagers at your school that seem to be cooping with the same peer pressure, the same difficulties in life and school. Is it right for society to impose these measures of conformity upon us in order to control a supposed chaos that might result in the openness of the human mind? In the end, are we all just afraid to be ourselves?

Not trying to attack anyone in this note btw, just merely trying to post my perspective at this moment.

No comments: