Wow. Battle is over. Seniors have taken victory, and it feels so damn good. Hours of practice topped with a jumble of decorations have finally paid off, and its so relieving. Our last Battle of the Classes ever, sheesh, its depressing. As for me, my senior year is over (despite the ever looming fear of AP exams)- UC Santa Barbara has got me set for life, and I'm not too damn worried about prom.
-------
Speaking of prom, is it overrated? Most definitely. In it's finest essence- the limo rides, hotel getaways, and (dare I say it) SEX!- prom is a superficial cluster of hope mixed in the decay of childhood. So... would it be weird if I went to prom ALONE? Now I can only imagine a flush of "WTF daisy?!", "Are you fucking serious?", "What is this bitch on?", but hear me out. Prom is the clincher to high school, a night to have fun and surround yourself with those who've you've grown and loved for the past 4, 5, 10 years. It is most definitely NOT a formal Sadies Hawkins dance, puhhleeease. Sure if I dont take a date, it'll be all awkward (for others, not me of course), but I'd rather look back on Prom knowing that I went for myself and not for the practicality of just having a date.
But who knows, maybe, maybe I'll find someone willing to go with. Mind you, it will NOT be a love interest, it will undeniably be a friend who I have complete and utter trust in, someone who's .. ehhh I dont know. And most importantly, it'll be someone who I can have fun with and look back and whole heartedly say, "I had the best prom date EVER". Period.
----------
Back to a relevant topic, Spring Break! Wooohooo, party- take your shirt off. Exciting. Funny how we all think spring break is a cool shabang where all your friends go to Cancun and get drunk off their asses while being filmed in a wet t-shirt contest. At least that's what Laguna Beach implies.
Spring Break this year, for me, has been a tremendous revelation and growing process. Ooohh emo shit. No. In all seriousness, I have had the most fun that I haven't had in a while, and all along, I've been able to get the jist of who I am as a person and what I want. To evolve and stay whole is ultimately the greatest obstacle for me right now, and I'm plenty thankful for the people whom I've surrounded myself with this past week.
Enough with the emo crap.
----
Friday: BATTLE! and then i was Knocked out of my mind.
Saturday: No work for once. Headed to Fresno with Steve, and allll the way back again.
Sunday: Watched "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days", haha the ultimate chick flick.
Monday: Lunch with Reggie! Watched "Edward Scissor Hands", a damn good Depp film.
Tuesday: Watched "Shutter" which was lame considering the Thai version was soooo damn scary. Then we walked up to the most beautiful sites in San Jose and got kicked out multiple times.
Wednesday: Delicious Japanese lunch in San Mateo with Jeffe, Steph, Steve, and Raj.
Thursday: Hurdler's breakfast with Hector, Leland, Cherrie, and Larry- I miss these fools forreals. Proffesional picture taking as well as make-up making, woohoo! Taking the boys to the Justice concert in the city. Sober and happy! :)
Friday: Shopping with Scottie Dottie. Back to the dance studio, wow.
Saturday: Stephanie's 18th! happy birthday fertile mother of my child.
Sunday: Relax? Is there such a thing?
Monday: No school, back to work. Welcome to Hell.
-----
mmhm. Long ass blog motherfuckers. Just a lot has been happening. I'm happy with my life, where I am, who I am, who I'm with, and where I will be. I'm on a natural high, invigorating as it may sound. This blog was completely nonchalant and not a very thorough life-analysis, with a misuse of epithets. BUT I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK! Go ahead and rant and rave in the comment section.
Please expect a fucken mean ass, putting someone on blast blog soon to come.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment