Today started off with me, wide awake, at 6:18 AM. Jumped in the shower, and took off to a refreshing morning. Got to school only to find myself in the midst of a senior prank- just about 20 pounds of shit (feces) was sprawled out over the underhang, putty was placed into the keyholes of numerous classrooms (including leadership), and there were murmers about cars getting egged and powdered. Funny? No, not to me. Come on 08ers, I thought we would have left a sophisticated, classy impression in our prank. It was childish, barbaric, and just plain old disgusting- what a way to be remembered by your inferiors.
Walked into the leadership class, with about a handful of other seniors. This entire week I've been anticipating this morning, and so I was damn antsy to show it. Except SOME seniors gotta show up tardy on the last day of school, so my slideshow lagged. Haha. Well after I showcased the seniors of the leadership class, we all had students come up and pay their respects to the graduates. In all honesty, I never expected anyone to shed any tears, but Leadership was a mess in 'thank yous' and the sappiest of farewells. It was beautiful, heart warming, and genuine. Seniors of the leadership class, what leaders you have become, and I wish you all the best with your careers and futures.
And onward with the day! Each class had its own goodbye, its own memory, and its own imprint. But most importantly, each person had their own significance.
To: ASB
Jeffrey, Kanika, and Stephanie- you three have made the most impact on my high school history. It's only been two years, but we've grown on each other- attached to limbs, intertwined in emotions, and engraved into our hearts. You guys are absolutely ridiculous. RIDICULOUS. And if anyone would have ever told me I'd be best friends with you three, I'd tell them they were crazy because how could I ever become friends with three psycho loooooosers?! Well. Was I wrong. We've endured enough shit, fighting, and name calling- so let's just get over it, yeah? Hahahaha, I love you guys.


So for everyone else, let's drop the bullshit. I love you all, and I love all the memories. Lets put our differences aside for the sake of our futures. Yeah, we hate, we nag, we talk- but what does that matter if we can no longer remember the good and only dwell on the ugly? Exactly, IT DOESNT! And like I've said tons of times before, we don't need to be best friends, we just need to be civil.
Quenched and thirsty,
Daisy Belle Nguyen
PS- I miss you, I really do.

No comments:
Post a Comment